Peter Hentges (jbru) wrote,
Peter Hentges
jbru

Ericka update

Ericka still sits in the ER. She's as comfortable as one might expect and is tolerating things well.

The initial thinking is that she's developed some sort of blockage in the infected area (which is near her neck) that is kind of like a gall stone or a kidney stone. She's had an ultrasound to see if that is, indeed, the case and is waiting on results. If that is the case, they'll want to remove the blockage and drain things.

No word on if they'll admit her and keep her there for this procedure or treat and release her.

So I wait. I could wait at home, allowing one PCA to go home while I look after animals and house or I could wait in the ER, allowing the other PCA to go home while I look after Ericka. If I was with Ericka, she'd worry about the animals, if I stay home she'll be a tad more fretful.

It's really a toss-up, so I've decided to go with inertia and stay at home.

Further updates as situations warrant.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

  • 4 comments