- a bar with seven stools
- a dining room with seven tables
- three fixed menus nightly; one vegetarian/vegan, the other two cycling through various other options (seafood/beef one night, chicken/lamb another, etc.)
- top-notch bar stock including a stellar wine cellar
- dishes made with the freshest, best ingredients; local when possible
- sumptuous atmosphere complemented by skilled, attentive service
Each day the staff and I would prepare the menus, likely working several days in advance to allow for acquiring the necessary components. Each menu would be centered around a theme, be it an aperitif, a dessert, an ingredient. The meal would be seven courses built to highlight that theme. If, for example, the theme was a particular wine then each course might bring out some aspect of that wine's character centering on a main course that complemented it perfectly but even the dessert should remind the diner of the wine's finish.
I feel very certain that it would be a spectacular, beautiful, wonderful failure. I almost want to have it run for seven weeks (to stay in theme here) as a limited engagement. More art production than restaurant.