- "Quiet now, there's a good gentleman. You'll frighten the lads."
ktynes got this one, It's Zulu, on the list because I first saw it with my gaming buddies and it's chock full of manly goodness. Also, Michael Caine's first film.
- "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"
jrittenhouse was first with this rather obvious one. It is, of course Casablanca, on the list because it is the best movie of all time.
- "I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."
Another easy one that jrittenhouse got. This is 2001: A Space Odyessy, on the list because it is the first DVD I ever saw.
- "I want my father back, you son of bitch."
jrittenhouse gets another. This is The Princess Bride, on the list because it combines a lovely story with multiple levels of enjoyment.
- "We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life."
jrittenhouse gets another easy one. This is C3PO from Star Wars, on the list because it's the first film I saw that made me want to make films.
- "It's not the age, it's the mileage."
jrittenhouse clearly has too much time on his hands and gets this one, Raiders of the Lost Ark, on the list because this line is the one I use when people tell me I look older than I am.
- "Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it."
Yep, it's jrittenhouse again, getting another easy one, LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring, on the list because it's the first movie that made want to (re)read the book.
- "Who died and left you in charge?"
This is from Spaced Invaders a hilarious take on The War of the Worlds in which Martians mistakenly invade Earth on Halloween. The answer to the question is, "Captain Bipto!"
- "Remember; you have to make it home to get paid."
Christopher Walken to his fellow mercenaries in The Dogs of War. On the list because it is simultaneously an interesting modern political story and an action/war movie.
- "It's not my goddamn planet."
jrittenhouse on the mark again with The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, on the list because it's just too full of cool stuff.
- "It's like those miserable psalms; so depressing."
jrittenhouse must be embarrassed that he didn't get this one. With voice-over, I'm sure he would. But rvrjoe775 correctly called out Monty Python and the Holy Grail, on the list because I can practically recite it from memory.
- "For it is the doom of men that they forget."
And this is Merlin from Excalibur. On the list because kindled an interest in Arthurian legend that went beyond what little I'd picked up here and there.
Movie meme answers
I'm a member of the generation that remembers MTV played music videos 24/7. I have mixed-up images in my head of the videos for "Little Red Corvette"…
See and download the full gallery on posterousBefore photo: Current photo: Next up: hang the new cabinets!