?

Log in

No account? Create an account
In other news.... - Peter Hentges

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

November 6th, 2006


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
01:22 pm - In other news....
I'm torn today. Part of me wants to write about political things because our voting day is tomorrow. Part of me is so fed up with the way things are and the way things are done that I want to just hide in the basement and see how things turn out Wednesday. (I won't. I actually have fun voting.)

In that spirit, however, I give you something that I think a majority of us can agree on; the special sandwich this week at Kieran's: Hot pastrami with Irish cheddar, bacon, caramalized onions and marinated, roasted red peppers on a hoagie bun. The slightly vinegary marinade on the peppers mixes with their sweetness and that of the onions to make a nice counter-point to the savory pastrami. Plus: bacon!

I think even vegetarians and vegans in the populace would agree that this sounds like a fabulous sandwich for those that would order and consume such things. It may not be for them, but as free-thinking people they can see where meat-eaters would enjoy it.
Current Mood: fullfull
Tags:

(8 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:lollardfish
Date:November 6th, 2006 07:24 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm having trouble not being pre-depressed about how this election will be stolen.
[User Picture]
From:jbru
Date:November 7th, 2006 04:47 am (UTC)
(Link)
You should go to Kieran's for lunch, obviously. Though they don't have pie, they do make a lovely bread pudding.
[User Picture]
From:barondave
Date:November 6th, 2006 07:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Pastrami with cheese? Ick. The bacon doesn't help either, and not just because it makes it even less kosher. I find Hot Pastrami to have sufficient amounts of chemical preservative, so bacon is redundant.

The onions and peppers sound good, if they'll help keep the mustard from splooshing onto your shirt.

But aside from that: Yes, vote.
[User Picture]
From:jbru
Date:November 7th, 2006 04:45 am (UTC)
(Link)
You, sir, are suffering from a bout of orthodoxy. This is a condition that can be cured, but requires the patient to desire it. No ill effects will come from this affliction, however, so you can expect to live a long and healthy life with it.

You'll just miss out on a great sandwich.
[User Picture]
From:iamnikchick
Date:November 6th, 2006 07:35 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'd eat that!
[User Picture]
From:jbru
Date:November 7th, 2006 04:46 am (UTC)
(Link)
I Know, Right!?
From:markiv1111
Date:November 6th, 2006 08:28 pm (UTC)

Sandwich

(Link)
To me, this sounds delicious, but I'm not likely to swing by Kieran's any time soon. Louie's and my main restaurant is Curran's (note similarity of pronunciation, and shared Irish background) and we haven't really been in a financial spot to just go out and experiment with other restaurants. So we eat at home, and it's okay.

I am getting tired of all the brouhaha about the election, but not to the point where I won't vote. I do regret most seriously, though, that I am not in a district where I can vote against Michele Bachmann; I consider her the most evil candidate running for office (that I know of) anywhere in this state, and I am worried sick (based on recent poll results) that she'll actually win. (I generally vote against Republicans, but there have been some exceptions, and I would generally consider the average Republican candidate to be misguided, not evil. But I am completely incapable of cutting Bachmann that much slack! Not with her beliefs that God called her to run, and that gay marriage is an abomination that should be stamped out.) But this is exactly the kind of rhetoric that you're getting sick of, and I don't know why I'm getting into this now, after several months of being able to keep my trap shut. Let's all make it to the polling places and do what we feel is best. And 48 hours from now, we'll be discussing the election after the fact, and the discussion will take an entirely different tone.

Nate
[User Picture]
From:jbru
Date:November 7th, 2006 04:43 am (UTC)

Re: Sandwich

(Link)
Oh, I'm not all that sick of the politics. I've been able to avoid political ads for the most part and had my mind made up on the major candidates back when we were doing primaries. I just feel some trepidation about the rest of the nation and well, as you say, in 48 hours we'll know a lot more.

Kieran's does a very nice lunch special (though their special sandwich isn't included, oddly). For $9.99, you get one of their sandwiches with your choice of side and a soda. That includes tax and tip. So if you and Louie have a day off, it's a nice place for a relatively inexpensive splurge. I and pegkerr recommend the pot roast sandwich.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com